✔ Are available
4.6 (49 rated)
Buy Cephalexin capsules 250 mg 500 mg online over the counter
Shelf life: until 02.2022
Manufacturer: Alkem Laboratories Ltd (Cytomed) / Cipla Limited / Marksans Pharma Ltd. / Nicholas Piramal India Ltd.
Active Ingredient: Cephalexin
In Stock (39 packs)
What is Cephalexin?
Cephalexin belongs to the category of the most powerful drugs with a half synthetic antibiotic effect. It belongs to the first generation of the cephalosporin series.
Bacterium tuberculosis, enterococcus microbacteria and enterobacteria are resistant to the action of the drug.
Composition and form of release
0.25g coated tablets Capsules 250 mg and 500 mg. Granules for the preparation of a suspension of 250 mg / 5 ml in a vial.
- In 1 capsule, 250 mg or 500 mg of cephalexin. Magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose — as auxiliary substances.
- In a 5 ml suspension of cephalexin 250 mg. Sodium saccharinate, citric acid, iron oxide, guar gum, sodium benzoate, simethicone, sucrose, flavoring — as excipients.
Clinical and pharmacological group: cephalosporin I generation.
Indications for use
Indications for the appointment of a medication are infections:
- Joints and bones (including osteomyelitis).
- Genitourinary system (vulvovaginitis, pyelonephritis, endometritis, cystitis, gonorrhea, urethritis, epididymitis, prostatitis).
- Soft tissues and skin (pyoderma, furunculosis, lymphadenitis, abscess, lymphangitis, phlegmon).
- Upper and lower respiratory tract (tonsillitis, bronchitis, pharyngitis, bronchopneumonia, otitis media, exacerbation of chronic pneumonia, sinusitis, abscess and empyema).
You can not use the drug in such cases:
- hypersensitivity of patients to cephalexin or its components;
- any trimester of pregnancy and the period of breastfeeding;
- individual intolerance to cephalexin or its components.
Semisynthetic cephalosporin antibiotic (1 generation). Cephalexin acts bactericidal, its spectrum of action is wide, sensitive to it: staphylococci, streptococci, pneumococci, Escherichia coli, Salmonella, Shigella, Haemophilus influenzae, Proteus, Treponema, Klebsiella. Mycobacterium tuberculosis, enterococcus, enterobacter are resistant to it.
The drug is quickly absorbed from the digestive tract, the maximum concentration in plasma is reached after 1-1.5 hours. Cephalexin penetrates into all tissues and organs, including the pericardium and pleural membrane. The elimination half-life is about 50-60 minutes, the drug is excreted mainly through the kidneys.
Instruction for use
The optimal dosage of cephalexin according to the instructions is determined taking into account the localization and sensitivity of the pathogen, as well as the severity of the disease.
- The average dose for adults and children over 10 years of age when taking Cephalexin by mouth is 250-500 mg every 6 hours. The daily dose of the drug should be at least 1-2 g, and, if necessary, can be increased to 4 g. Duration of treatment — 7- 14 days. In infections caused by beta-hemolytic group A streptococcus, the minimum duration of treatment is 10 days.
- For children under the age of 10, the drug is recommended to be prescribed in the form of a suspension for oral administration.
During pregnancy and lactation
The use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation is possible only if the intended benefit to the mother outweighs the potential risk to the fetus.
If necessary, the appointment of the drug during lactation should stop breastfeeding.
Side effects in the treatment of cephalexin include:
- Candidiasis, dysbiosis (with prolonged use);
- From the side of the nervous system (CNS): headache, dizziness, weakness, fatigue;
- Allergy (rare): from skin manifestations (urticaria and itching) to anaphylactic shock;
- From the hematopoietic system: eosinophilia (increase in the number of eosinophils in the blood), neutropenia (decrease in the number of neutrophils in the blood);
- From the digestive tract and liver: diarrhea (loose stools), transient (temporary) increase in the activity of hepatic transaminases (enzymes).