✔ Are available
4.2 (16 rated)
Buy Clindamycin 300 mg 150 mg capsules online over the counter
Shelf life: until 01.2023
Manufacturer: GenPharma International Pvt. Ltd. / Pfizer Inc. / United Biotech Pvt. Ltd.
Active Ingredient: Clindamycin hydrochloride
In Stock (34 packs)
What is Clindamycin?
Clindamycin is a semi-synthetic antibiotic of the linkosamide group. The active ingredient is clindomycin. You need to know that the drug Clindamycin is incompatible with calcium gluconate, ampicillin, and with simultaneous use with antidiarrheal drugs, pseudomembranous colitis may occur.
|Pharmachologic effect||Antibacterial; Antiprotozoal|
|Terms of sale||At your local pharmacy (prescription); Our online pharmacy (over the counter)|
|Pregnancy and lactation||Contraindicated|
|Shelf life||3 years (capsules)|
|Storage conditions||Not higher than + 25 ° C / 77 ° F (capsules)|
|Manufacturer||GenPharma International Pvt. Ltd. / Pfizer Inc. / United Biotech Pvt. Ltd.|
|Price||18.70 - 20.30 $|
Indications for use
- infectious and inflammatory diseases caused by microorganisms sensitive to clindamycin;
- infections of the upper respiratory tract and infections of the ENT organs (pharyngitis, tonsillitis, sinusitis, otitis media), lower respiratory tract (pneumonia, including aspiration, lung abscess, pleural empyema, bronchitis), scarlet fever, diphtheria;
- infections of the urogenital tract (chlamydia, endometritis, vaginal infections, tubo-ovarian inflammation);
- infections of the skin and soft tissues (infected wounds, abscesses, boils, panaritium), abdominal
- cavities (peritonitis, abscess), oral cavity;
- acute and chronic osteomyelitis;
- septicemia (primarily anaerobic);
- bacterial endocarditis;
- prevention of peritonitis and abdominal abscesses after perforation of the intestine or as a result
- traumatic infection (in combination with aminoglycosides);
- bacterial vaginosis.
- myasthenia gravis;
- bronchial asthma;
- ulcerative colitis (history);
- rare hereditary diseases, such as: galactose intolerance, lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption (for capsules);
- lactation period;
- children’s age up to 3 years — for a solution for intravenous and intramuscular administration (due to the lack of safety data on the use of benzyl alcohol);
- children’s age up to 8 years for capsules (average child weight less than 25 kg);
Instruction for use
Inside, adults and children over 15 years of age (average child weight 50 kg and above) for moderate diseases, prescribe Clindamycin antibiotic 1 capsule (150 mg) 4 times / day (every 6 hours). In severe infections, adults and children over 15 years of age, a single dose can be increased to 2-3 capsules (300-450 mg).
For children from 8 years to 15 years, the method of using capsules is shown in the table:
|Child age||Moderate disease||Severe disease||Maximum daily dose|
|8-12 years (weight 25-40 kg)||—||1 capsule 4 times a day.||No more than 600 mg / day (4 capsules)|
|12-15 years (weight 40-50 kg)||1 capsule 3 times a day.||2 capsule 3 times a day.||No more than 900 mg / day (6 capsules)|
How much to take Clindamycin?
According to the instructions for medical use, clindamycin capsules should be taken with moderate severity, 1 capsule (150 mg) is prescribed 4 times / day (every 6 hours). In severe infections, adults and children over 15 years of age, a single dose can be increased to 2-3 capsules (300-450 mg).
Clindamycin before or after meals
The drug is prescribed before or after a meal with a glass of water.
- Pseudomembranous colitis can occur both with the use of clindamycin and 2-3 weeks after discontinuation of treatment (3-15% of cases); manifested by diarrhea, leukocytosis, fever, abdominal pain (sometimes accompanied by excretion with feces of blood and mucus).
- If these phenomena occur in mild cases, it is sufficient to cancel the treatment and use of ion-exchange resins (colestyramine, colestipol), in severe cases, compensation for the loss of fluid, electrolytes and protein, the appointment of vancomycin inside or metronidazole is indicated.
- Do not use drugs that inhibit intestinal motility.
- The safety of the drug in children under 3 years of age has not been established. With prolonged therapy, children need periodic monitoring of the blood formula and the functional state of the liver.
- When prescribing the drug in high doses, it is necessary to control the concentration of clindamycin in the plasma.
- Patients with severe hepatic insufficiency need to monitor liver function (liver enzymes).
Side effects of clindamycin
- From the urinary system: vaginal candidiasis, irritation of the mucous membrane of the vulva and vagina, vulvovaginitis, trichomonas vaginitis, vaginal infections, menstrual irregularities, pain in the vagina, uterine bleeding, dysuria, vaginal discharge, urinary tract infections, abnormal births, endometriosis, proteinuria.
- General: fungal infections, generalized abdominal pain, localized abdominal pain, bacterial infections, abdominal cramps, headache, lower abdominal pain, bad breath, inflammatory edema, upper respiratory tract infections, generalized pain, back pain, bloating abdomen, deviation of the results of microbiological analyzes from the norm, allergic reactions.
- From the digestive system: diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, constipation, dyspepsia, flatulence, gastrointestinal disorders.
- From the skin: itching, rash, maculopapular rash, erythema, pruritus at the injection site, candidiasis (skin), urticaria.
- From the side of the central nervous system: dizziness.
- From the endocrine system: hyperthyroidism.
- From the respiratory system: nosebleeds.
- Other: taste perversion.