✔ Are available
4.6 (117 rated)
Buy Zithromax 250 mg capsules online over the counter
Shelf life: until 01.2024
Manufacturer: Cadila Healthcare Ltd / Concept Pharmaceuticals Ltd / Elder Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Active Ingredient: Azithromycin
In Stock (28 packs)
What is Zithromax?
Zithromax is an antibiotic of the macrolide group. Active ingredient: Azithromycin. It has a bacteriostatic effect. Release form: film-coated tablets, capsules, lyophilisate for the preparation of a solution for infusion, powder for the preparation of a suspension for oral administration. The antibiotic Zithromax has a wide spectrum of action. The drug is prescribed by a doctor!
|Pharmachologic effect||Bacteriostatic; Bactericidal (at high concentrations)|
|Terms of sale||With a prescription in your local pharmacy (in our online pharmacy without a prescription)|
|Release form||Film-coated tablets; Capsules|
|Pregnancy and lactation||According to indications|
|Age group||6 months +|
|Shelf life||3 years|
|Storage conditions||Not higher than + 25 ° С / 77 ° F|
|Manufacturer||Cadila Healthcare Ltd / Concept Pharmaceuticals Ltd / Elder Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd|
|Price||23.60 - 41.40 $|
Indications for use
Infectious and inflammatory diseases caused by microorganisms sensitive to Zithromax:
- infections of the upper respiratory tract and ENT organs (tonsillitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis, pharyngitis, otitis media);
- infections of the lower respiratory tract (acute bronchitis, exacerbation of chronic bronchitis, pneumonia, including those caused by atypical pathogens);
- infections of the skin and soft tissues (common acne of moderate severity, erysipelas, impetigo, secondarily infected dermatoses);
- uncomplicated urinary tract infections caused by Chlamydia trachomatis (urethritis and / or cervicitis);
- the initial stage of Lyme disease (borreliosis) is erythema migrans (erythema migrans).
- hypersensitivity to Zithromax, erythromycin, other macrolides or ketolides;
- hypersensitivity to excipients of the drug used;
- severe liver dysfunction;
- severe renal impairment (CC <40 ml / min);
- simultaneous use with ergotamine and dihydroergotamine;
- children under 18 years of age (for intravenous infusion).
Instruction for use
The drug Zithromax is taken orally 1 time / day 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal, without chewing. Adults and children over 12 years old and weighing more than 45 kg
With infections of the upper and lower respiratory tract, ENT organs, with infections of the skin and soft tissues (with the exception of chronic migratory erythema):
- 500 mg / day for 1 dose for 3 days (course dose — 1.5 g).
For acne vulgaris of moderate severity:
- 500 mg 1 time / day for 3 days, then 500 mg 1 time per week for 9 weeks; course dose — 6 g. The first weekly dose should be taken 7 days after taking the first daily dose (8th day from the start of treatment), the next 8 weekly doses — with an interval of 7 days.
In acute infections of the genitourinary organs (uncomplicated urethritis or cervicitis):
- The antibiotic Zithromax is taken 1000 mg once.
In Lyme disease (borreliosis) for the treatment of stage I (erythema migrans):
- 1 g on the 1st day and from the 2nd to the 5th day — 500 mg daily (course dose — 3 g).
With community-acquired pneumonia:
- Assign a dose of Zithromax500 mg 1 time / day for at least 2 days. If necessary, by decision of the attending physician, the course of treatment can be extended, but should be no more than 5 days. After the completion of the Zithromax injection procedure for iv administration, it is recommended that Zithromax be administered orally in a daily dose of 500 mg 1 time / day until the completion of the 7-10-day general course of treatment.
With infectious and inflammatory diseases of the pelvic organs:
- Assign in a dose of 500 mg 1 time / day for 2 days. The maximum course of drug treatment with iv administration is 5 days. After iv administration, it is recommended that Zithromax be administered orally at a dose of 250 mg / day until the completion of the 7-day general course of treatment. The timing of the transition from iv administration of Zithromax to oral administration is determined by the doctor in accordance with the data of the clinical examination.
For the treatment of elderly patients over 65 years of age:
- The same doses of Zithromax are used as for adults. Since proarrhythmogenic factors are possible in this category of patients, it is necessary to pay special attention to the possibility of developing arrhythmias and ventricular tachycardia of the “pirouette” type.
In case of impaired renal function (CC more than 40 ml / min):
- Dose adjustment is not required.
With moderate liver dysfunction:
- Dose adjustment is not required.
The course of treatment with Zithromax
Often, consumers ask whether Zithromax can be taken for more than 3 days. According to the instructions for medical use, the duration of treatment will depend on the diagnosis. More often, the course is from 3 to 7 days.
Zithromax for inflammation of the appendages
Adnexitis is a pathological inflammation of the female appendages: ovaries and fallopian tubes. More often prescribed once in a dosage of Zithromax 1000 mg.
Zithromax for inflammation of the lymph nodes
The drug Zithromax is indicated in the treatment of lymphadenitis. Most often, in the first 3 days, 500 mg are prescribed, then 250 mg each. The course of treatment is not more than 5 days. Rarely, but the course of treatment can be increased by a doctor up to 7 days.
Zithromax for gum and flux inflammation
In dentistry, Zithromax is prescribed after manipulations. The dosage and course of treatment is determined by the doctor. In practice, the drug is most often prescribed with a 3-day course.
Zithromax for cystitis in women
The antibiotic Zithromax is actively prescribed by doctors with inflammation of the bladder. The course of treatment is 3 days at 500 mg 1 time per day or 250 mg 2 times a day.
Zithromax for sinusitis
Sinusitis is an inflammatory disease of the mucous membrane of the sinuses. More often prescribed for 3 days at a dose of 500 mg once. Sometimes a doctor may extend the drug up to 5 days.
Zithromax for chlamydia
Chlamydia is a sexually transmitted infection caused by chlamydia (STD). The antibiotic Zithromax is prescribed for chlamydia according to the following schemes:
at the initial stage — Zithromax 1000 mg 1 time per day;
with a sluggish course of the disease — the first day Zithromax 1000 mg, the second day Zithromax 500 mg, then Zithromax 250 mg.
The course of treatment is about 7 days. Sometimes the course of treatment can be increased by the attending physician.
Zithromax with ureaplasma
The treatment regimen for Zithromax with ureaplasma (sexually transmitted disease — STDs) includes taking interferons and the antibacterial agent itself. Immunostimulants are injected IM once a day. Injections are also given during antibiotic therapy. On the second day of treatment, course therapy of a bactericidal agent is added. After this drug, Zithromax therapy is started.
The treatment regimen for women (moderate symptoms and recent infection) — 4 tablets once Zithromax 250 mg.
Chronic disease: 2 tablets Zithromax 500 mg. And so for 5 days at the same time. Then a break of 5 days. At this time, it is better to prevent candidiasis (drugs should be prescribed by a doctor!).
After a break, the course is repeated, but within 6 days.
In men, the treatment regimen is similar to that for women. If a woman gets sick first, then a man begins therapy with a partner at the same time. During treatment, it is better to use a barrier method of contraception.
Zithromax for gonorrhea
Gonorrhea is an infectious disease that is sexually transmitted and affects the mucosa of the genitals and urination (causes the gonococcus microorganism). Doctors prescribe Zithromax for this disease. In acute infections, a loading dose of 1000 mg of Zithromax is prescribed once. Usually the course of treatment is up to 5 days. Zithromax 500 mg on the first day, then 250 mg each.
Zithromax in gynecology
According to the instructions for medical use, Zithromax is used according to the following schemes:
for infections of the genitourinary system and gynecological diseases: Zithromax 1000 mg once;
with pathologies in obstetric practice: Zithromax 1000 mg once. For complications, Zithromax 500 mg is prescribed for 7 days.
Acithromycin for Acne
According to the instructions for medical use, Zithromax is indicated for diseases such as infections of the skin and soft tissues (acne vulgaris, moderate, erysipelas, impetigo, secondarily infected dermatoses). The dosage and course of treatment is determined by the doctor, taking into account the physiological characteristics of the body!
Zithromax with staphylococcus
The instructions for medical use indicate that gram-positive cocci are sensitive to Zithromax: Staphylococcus aureus, St. viridans.
Zithromax at temperature
If the disease is accompanied by fever and requires antibiotic therapy, then doctors usually additionally prescribe antipyretic drugs, because Zithromax does not reduce temperature.
Zithromax during pregnancy
Zithromax crosses the placental barrier. Use during pregnancy is possible only in cases where the intended benefits to the mother outweigh the potential risk to the fetus. If it is necessary to use the antibiotic Zithromax during lactation, the issue of stopping breastfeeding should be addressed.
The use of Zithromax in children
The use of the antibiotic Zithromax is possible according to the dosage regimen.
Zithromax and alcohol
The drug half-life Zithromax is very long and is 35-50 hours. The half-life from the tissues is much longer. The therapeutic concentration of Zithromax lasts up to 5-7 days after the last dose. If the drug was administered by infusion, then the half-life is 65-72 hours. In this regard, consumers often ask the question: How much alcohol can after Zithromax. During treatment, you can not combine Zithromax and alcohol, and after treatment after at least 7 days you can drink alcohol-containing drinks. With the combined use of Zithromax and alcohol, side effects may be aggravated, and a serious load on the liver is also occurring.
- Infectious diseases: infrequently — candidiasis (including the mucous membrane of the oral cavity and genitals), pneumonia, pharyngitis, gastroenteritis, respiratory diseases, rhinitis; unknown frequency — pseudomembranous colitis.
- On the part of the blood and lymphatic system: infrequently — leukopenia, neutropenia, eosinophilia; very rarely — thrombocytopenia, hemolytic anemia.
- From the side of metabolism: infrequently — anorexia.
- Allergic reactions: infrequently — angioedema, hypersensitivity reaction; unknown frequency — anaphylactic reaction.
- From the nervous system: often — headache; infrequently — dizziness, violation of taste, paresthesia, drowsiness, insomnia, nervousness; rarely — agitation; unknown frequency — hypesthesia, anxiety, aggression, fainting, convulsions, psychomotor hyperactivity,
- loss of smell, perversion of smell, loss of taste, myasthenia gravis, delirium, hallucinations.
- From the side of the organ of vision: infrequently — impaired vision.
- On the part of the hearing organ and labyrinth disorders: infrequently — hearing impairment, vertigo; unknown frequency — hearing impairment up to deafness and / or tinnitus.
- From the cardiovascular system: infrequently — a feeling of palpitations, flushing of the face; unknown frequency — decreased blood pressure, increased QT interval on the ECG, pirouette type arrhythmia, ventricular tachycardia.
- From the respiratory system: infrequently — shortness of breath, nosebleeds.
- From the digestive system: very often — diarrhea; often — nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain; infrequently — flatulence, dyspepsia, constipation, gastritis, dysphagia, bloating, dryness of the oral mucosa, belching, ulcers of the oral mucosa, increased secretion of the salivary glands; very rarely — discoloration of the tongue, pancreatitis.
- On the part of the liver and biliary tract: infrequently — hepatitis; rarely — impaired liver function, cholestatic jaundice; unknown frequency — liver failure (in rare cases with a fatal outcome mainly due to severe impairment of liver function), liver necrosis, fulminant hepatitis.
- On the part of the skin and subcutaneous tissues: infrequently — skin rash, itching, urticaria, dermatitis, dry skin, sweating; rarely — photosensitivity reaction; unknown frequency — Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis, erythema multiforme.
- From the musculoskeletal system: infrequently — osteoarthritis, myalgia, back pain, pain in the neck; unknown frequency — arthralgia.
- From the kidneys and urinary tract: infrequently — dysuria, pain in the kidneys; unknown frequency — interstitial nephritis, acute renal failure.
- From the genitals and mammary gland: infrequently — metrorrhagia, impaired testicular function.
- Local reactions: often — pain and inflammation at the injection site.
- Other: infrequently — asthenia, malaise, feeling tired, face swelling, chest pain, fever, peripheral edema.
- Laboratory data: often — a decrease in the number of lymphocytes, an increase in the number of eosinophils, an increase in the number of basophils, an increase in the number of monocytes, an increase in the number of neutrophils, a decrease in the concentration of bicarbonates in blood plasma; infrequently — an increase in the activity of AST, ALT, an increase in the concentration of bilirubin in the blood plasma, an increase in the concentration of urea in the blood plasma, an increase in the concentration of creatinine in the blood plasma, a change in the potassium content in the blood plasma, an increase in the activity of alkaline phosphatase in the blood plasma, an increase in the chlorine content in the blood plasma, an increase in the concentration of glucose in the blood, an increase in the number of platelets, an increase in hematocrit, an increase in the concentration of bicarbonates in the blood plasma, a change in the sodium content in the blood plasma.